Terms & Conditions
Please read the terms and conditions of the tickets available for purchase for events at the Broughton Hall Children’s Literature Festival (the “Festival”).
- The following terms and conditions are included in the body of this document, but in order to remove all doubt:
- The Festival reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists, and to vary the advertised programme and timings without being liable to pay any compensation whatsoever.
- Tickets cannot be refunded after purchase.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged after purchase.
- In the event of the cancellation of a performance, the Festival will not be held responsible for any expenses, such as accommodation, transport or sustenance incurred by the ticket holder.
- A valid ticket must be produced in order to gain access to a performance. The ticket remains the property of the Festival. You will receive your tickets via email shortly after your booking, please print out and bring with you, or present the e-ticket on your mobile device. All bookings will incur a booking fee.
- Tickets may not be re-sold. Tickets that are re-sold are void
- Professionalphotographic, video or audio reproduction of artists is prohibited.
- Ticket holders consent to inclusion in photographic, visual and audio promotion of the Festival. This photographic, visual and audio material can be used during the Festival and for any future promotion by Authors Abroad.If for any reason you do not wish to be recorded in anyway – please make yourself known to event staff on arrival to the festival.
- Vehicles and their contents parked at the owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for losses or thefts of any kind of property anywhere on the site.
- The Festival cannot be held liable or responsible for loss of or damage to your personal property at any performance or venue, nor in transit to or from a performance or venue.
- Under 16s must be accompanied by a ticket purchaser who is over 18.
Your ticket is a contract between you and the Festival, however, eventbrite’s terms and conditions should be read in addition to the Festival’s own terms and conditions.
The festival reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject a ticket holder for behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance or for failure to comply with the reasonable requests of the festival.
No animals (except guide dogs) are allowed on the estate.
Please don't bring alcohol or glass containers to within the Festival.
Parking for the Festival car park costs £10 per vehicle per day and includes entrance to the Festival at the Broughton Hall Estate.
You are welcome to leave and reenter the car park for that day as you please and will be allocated a car parking paid ticket.
The Festival car park is situated in the grounds close to the event marquees and will be clearly signposted.
The Festival’s liability to the ticket holder or ticket purchaser is limited to the purchase price of the tickets purchased.
Events Outside the Control of the Festival:
Failure of a Performer
The Festival will not be liable should a performer fail to appear for any or a substantial part of a scheduled performance for which a ticket holder possesses a ticket.
Force Majeure Events
The Festival will not be held liable for any failure of or delay or interruption to the performance of this agreement for reasons that fall outside the reasonable control of the Festival. These Force Majeure Events include, but are not limited to, transport strikes, earthquake, fire, natural disaster, act of God, armed conflict and terrorism.
Law and Jurisdiction
The terms, conditions and contracts for purchase of tickets for the Festival will be governed by English law. Any disputes or claims arising from the terms, conditions or contracts will be subject solely and exclusively to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
The Festival welcomes visitors with disabilities
Please advise the Box Office of your requirements when making a booking. Visitors with a disability who need to bring a personal assistant are offered one free ticket. If you require a BSL interpreter, please contact us and we will do our best to accommodate this.